Fifth Phuket Veg Fest shooting suspect surrenders

From the Phuket News:

PHUKET: One of the two remaining suspects wanted in connection with the shooting of the 15-year-old boy at the closing procession of the Vegetarian Festival on Oct 22 surrendered to police yesterday afternoon (Oct 26).

27-year-old Anon Wandee surrendered to police yesterday (Oct 26).

Deputy Superintendent Pol Col Peerayuth Karajadee said that Anon Wandee, 27, handed himself in to Phuket City Police at 4:30pm after an arrest warrant was issued for carrying firearms in a public place without a permit, accessory to murder and attempted murder and using firearm in public place.

Anon, who is alleged to be a member of the Wanwai and Gang Jao Mai Yung gangs, has denied all allegations made against him.

The shooting of the 15-year-old boy occurred on the last day of Vegetarian Festival close to the Phuket Vocational College in Saphan Hin. (See story here)

Police have so far arrested four people in connection with the shooting, which also left three other teenage boys injured, however, one man named as Pradit Pinyosuk still remains at large. (See story here)

Col Peerayuth said, “Arrest warrants had been issued for six suspects, five of them are now in custody but we still looking for 20-year-old Pradit Pinyosuk or “Ek Jao Mai Yung” who is still in hiding.

“We are gathering more information so that we can bring in other teens who may have been involved in this case. It is possible that more arrest warrants will be issued.”